Biletul 29 an object in your house which represents you

Subiecte, discutii si rezolvari proba orala la Limba Engleza L1 normal si L2

Biletul 29 an object in your house which represents you

Mesajde mell pe Vin Apr 25, 2008 2:56 pm

29.Describe an object in your house which represents you.
mell
Elev de nota 10

Re: Biletul 29 an object in your house which represents you

Mesajde ancanka pe Mar Mai 06, 2008 6:46 pm

mell scrie:

The talisman under the shape of a cat eye, inherited by my mum from my grandmother had something strange that attracted me from the first time I saw it. Why it attracted me? I can’t explain that but I felt like every tiny part of my body was full of heat. Even I was conquered by heat. Then I thought it is a simple coincidence but the curiosity to discover if it is a magic talisman made me hold it once again in my hand. Fantastic! The experience was repeating. And from then, every time when I’m covered in pessimism, I take the talisman and hold it in my hand and the feeling goes away. From what my mum told me, I understood that the talisman was found at a crossroad where, with very long time ago, the women with supernatural powers were burn, being declared as witches. There is the possibility that this talisman should have belonged to one of the witches. Now I wonder and ask myself: “How is possible that this talisman was not burned?” Should it be a captive force inside the talisman? My skin shivers only when I think of this. And, it’s mine…
ancanka
Elev de nota 10

Mesajde musa paradisiaca pe Lun Iun 23, 2008 10:08 pm

mell scrie:

"I always say, keep a diary, and some day it will keep you ." ( Mae West )

Introduction :

- a diary is a record ( originally in written book format ) with discrete entries arranged by date, and which report what has happened over the course of a day or other period;
- schools or parents may teach or require children to keep diaries in order to encourage the expression of feelings and to promote thought;
- generally, the term DIARY is employed today for personal diaries, in which the writer may detail more personal information;

Development :

A. My Diary - A Representation of My Heart

- my diary is a close representation of my heart;
- here are some of my diary thoughts sprung out directly from my heart;
- my diary's heart is full of spring romance, embalmed by the flowers perfuming the air and bunching into lovers' hearts;
- but it is not always like this, my diary tells me;
- sometimes I attempt love as climbers attempt Everest;
- I scramble along and end by camping in the foothills, or half-way up, wherever my compromise leaves me;
- some other times I get high enough to see the magnificent view of love, glimpsed in my dreams;
- then I have the feeling of that Aristotelic "eudemonia" - the feeling of being watched over by a good angel;
- some pages of my diary are filled with happiness;
- the happiness in my diary is prosperous and flourishing, not in money terms, ( although I do not exclude mentioning it ), but because I am fortunate to possess health, friendship, and the opportunities to enjoy the beauties of the world;
- when I am in sorrow, the hope of my heart in my diary seems very far away;
- but then I read, ( and put down in my diary ) that sorrow is one of the profoundest teachers of wisdom, which is exactly George Gordon Byron's sparkle ( "Grief should be the instructor of the wise !" );
- but which boy, or girl, man or woman, is free from sorrow ?
- this is because I am related to others through very complex ties : family ties, love, friendship, and by these I invite the probability of loss and sorrow into my heart;
- when I do not have someone to share my sorrows, or my joys, or my friendship, I take delight in sharing it with my diary, that is committing myself to it entirely;

B. My Diary - A Representation of My Mind

- my diary is a close representation of my mind;
- "We educate ourselves so that we can make noble use of our leisure !" ( Aristotle )
- now this thought is very challenging, I wrote in my diary;
- how should I understand Aristotle's point of view ?
- of course, the first thing that came to my mind was that this ancient point of view is directly opposed to the contemporary belief that we educate ourselves in order to get a job;
- does the contemporary point of view somehow distort the purpose of schooling ?
- and what is the aim of education ? the development of individuals as ends in themselves ? or as instruments in the economic process ?
- I struggle in my diary, and come to the conclusion that training is different from education, but we need both of them;
- my diary notes remind me that education is learning to think and to know how to find and use information when we need it;
- well, my school diary puts it that education involves those refining capacities for judgment and evaluation we acquired during the 4 years of high school studies, and which we are going to improve and master during the college and university studies;
- anyway, I put down Heraclitus' thought : "Learning is only a means to an end, which is understanding !";
- and understanding, I conclude, is the ultimate value in my education and your education;

C. My Diary - A Representation of My Soul

- my diary is a fine representation of my soul;
- with time I noticed that my private life compromise is both a saviour and a destroyer;
- sometimes I tried to sustain a relationship without accommodating to pal's character and needs;
- and I failed;
- the situation taught me that I need to sustain a relationship by accommodating my friend's character, and some at least of their needs;
- it was difficult for me to negotiate;
- and it took me long to understand that the negotiation should always be in the hope of constructive and mutually satisfactory adjustment;
- I lived to understand that people change so very often over time;
- and I often forgot this painful truth;
- and very often I missed the opportunity to renegotiate the old contract when new compromises were needed;
- I understood that all relationships are based on large compromises made by just one part to them;
- and I needed courage to survive in such permanent compromises;
- but "If the diver always thought of the shark, he would never lay hands on the pearl !" ( Sa'di );
- and "A coward turns away; but a brave man's choice is danger !" ( Euripide )
- thought of wise people inspired me the courage to fight life;
- and indeed the chances and inevitabilities of life demand kinds of endurance and bravery as challenging as those of climbing Everest;
- whenever I come upon them I happen to read my diary and see how I could pass though life's griefs, illnesses, disappointments, pains, struggles, losses, terrors;
- and by reading other diaries or autobiographies I come to understand that all common features of the human condition are experienced by each and every human being;
- there are those special pages in my diary which record a special kind of courage : the courage to meet the new, and to accept the different in the chances of experience;
- "We need courage for the most strange, the most singular, and the most inexplicable that we may encounter !" ( Rainer Maria Rilke ) is a thought that enlightened me and gave me hopes in the intricate path of my interaction with others;

Conclusion :

- a personal diary is normally intended to remain private or to have a limited circulation among friends or relatives ( or to be used for exams like I do now with parts of it );
- a diary may provide information for a memoir, an autobiography, or a biography, ( or for a special situation, like the case of my English exam );
- a diary is generally written not with the intention to be published, but for the author's own use, being a faithful representation of himself / herself;
musa paradisiaca
Elev de nota 10

Mesajde Illidan pe Mie Iun 25, 2008 8:15 pm

I would like 2 of theese talismans. Where can I order them ? Can I buy it, cause I really need one during the exam.... :cry:
Illidan
Elev

Mesajde connector pe Dum Noi 23, 2008 11:21 pm

I think that the object in my house that best represents me is a BOX. This may sound silly but, in fact, it is very true, for a number of reasons.
First of all, I like to be alone. Boxes are usually put in corners, on or under things, or in closets. No matter where they are, they are always alone.
Secondly, I don’t mind the dark because nobody can see me there. In general, people cannot find boxes because most of the time they put them in places devoid of light.
Lastly, I may seem ordinary on the outside, but on the inside I am full of surprises.
A box can have anything in it. Toys, paper, shoes, even other boxes. But despite its contents, its exterior looks as ordinary as possible. However, you can never know what treasure it hides inside it.
connector
Elev

Mesajde Iordache pe Mie Mar 18, 2009 2:02 pm

The talisman under the shape of a cat eye, inherited by my mum from my grandmother had something strange that attracted me from the first time I saw it. Why it attracted me? I can’t explain that but I felt like every tiny part of my body was full of heat. Even I was conquered by heat. Then I thought it is a simple coincidence but the curiosity to discover if it is a magic talisman made me hold it once again in my hand. Fantastic! The experience was repeating. And from then, every time when I’m covered in pessimism, I take the talisman and hold it in my hand and the feeling goes away. From what my mum told me, I understood that the talisman was found at a crossroad where, with very long time ago, the women with supernatural powers were burn, being declared as witches. There is the possibility that this talisman should have belonged to one of the witches. Now I wonder and ask myself: “How is possible that this talisman was not burned?” Should it be a captive force inside the talisman? My skin shivers only when I think of this. And, it’s mine…
Iordache
Elev

Mesajde zsokata pe Joi Apr 02, 2009 3:43 pm

The most representative object in my home is my notebook with poems. It is the size of a normal notebook but it is far more thick. It has a brown leather cover and a silver pen attached to it. It is special from outside and inside too.
My notebook represents my deepest toughts. It contains a poem about every significant happening of my life. I use to write poems when I am happy or sad, when I am in love or when I am lovelorn. It contains my feelings and toughts about myself and other people.
This notebook contains philosophic poems too. When I am in front of an important decision I write down my toughts and I write about the problem is general. It is very useful when I look back to some earlier poems wrote about the same problems. These poems show how my point of wiew changed in time.
The notebook presents how my personality developed. I started to write when I was 12. Now I can check how the style and point of wiew changed in time. It helps me to improve the style of my writings.
This little notebook contains my whole life, that is the reason why I keep it away from other persons. It is the most private piece of my life. One day if I will feel that I can`t keep is away safely from the curious eyes I will destroy it., bechause it is too personal.
zsokata
Elev

de Robot pe

Robot

Locaţie: IT

Înapoi la L1 normal si L2