Biletul 32 the advantages and disadvantages of being your..

Subiecte, discutii si rezolvari proba orala la Limba Engleza L1 normal si L2

Biletul 32 the advantages and disadvantages of being your..

Mesajde mell pe Vin Apr 25, 2008 2:58 pm

32.Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of being your own boss. Give arguments and examples to support your ideas.
mell
Elev de nota 10

Re: Biletul 32 the advantages and disadvantages of being your..

Mesajde andrew6666 pe Dum Mai 11, 2008 3:36 pm

In a business there are two kids of people...the employer and the employee. Although employees may contribute to an enterprise, the employer maintains control over the productive base of land and capital, and is the entity named in contracts. Employers include everything from individual hiring a babysitter to governments and businesses which may hire many thousands of employees.
But, as an employer you have a lot of responsibilities. You have to control the activity of the enterprise, to take decisions for the best of your business, to have a good communication with your employees, to be patient and understandable...
andrew6666
Elev

Mesajde anadaniela pe Vin Iun 20, 2008 7:59 am

Advantages: Think about how great it will feel to get paid to do what you'd love to do anyway.
Being your own boss means that you'll be in control of all of the decisions affecting your working life. When you work for yourself, you call the shots, you make the decisions and you do it without anyone looking over your shoulder and breathing down your neck.
Disadvantages: When you work for yourself, you can set your own hours both the actual hours you work and the number.
When you work for yourself, however, you're responsible for buying your capital equipment (computer, photocopier, fax machine) and paying for repairs as needed.
When you're an employee, you get paid vacations. When you're self-employed you don't.
anadaniela
Elev

Mesajde musa paradisiaca pe Lun Iun 23, 2008 1:50 pm

mell scrie:
32.Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of being your own boss. Give arguments and examples to support your ideas.

"BOSS there is always a comforting thought in time of trouble when it is not our trouble !" ( Don Marquis )

Introduction :

- for some people being the employee of an employer is OK;
- for other people, working for others can be tiresome, boring, or unbearable;
- people consider self employment when they are sure of some important skills about themselves;
- self employment means being my own boss;
- people consider being their own bosses because they want to work when they want; they want to do something they like / love; they don't want to deal with the politics of a business; and they want to make all their own decisions ( which are the main advantages of being their own bosses );

Development :

A. BEING MY OWN BOSS CAN BE ADVANTAGEOUS IF ...

- if I am willing to make sacrifices for the sake of the job;
- if I enjoy working long hours ( meaning that I can't have as much time as I used to have for my family or my hobbies );
- if I am good at managing relationships ( with my clients and customers, my suppliers, my employees, my banker, my lawyer, my accountant );
- if I am a disciplined-starter ( the power of the personal example proved through my discipline );
- if I can quickly get involved in handling multiple tasks : marketing and sales duties, financial planning and accounting responsibilities, administrative and personnel management chores;
- if I can get to pick properly who I will work for and with ( and in most cases I will work with my customers and clients directly );
- if I can quickly control the decisions which affect my working life;
- if I am willing to learn new skill, and broaden and improve my abilities continuously;
- if I am a very flexible person, able to decide my own hours of operation, working condition and business location;
- if I have confidence in my own capacities ( that is, if all goes well, I can make more money than I did when I worked for others );
- if I have the courage to take on a substantial risk ( if I need to raise additional money to get started, I may need a cosigner, or a collateral for a bank loan );
- if I clearly understand that I can make money ONLY if I work very hard;
- if I am disposed to sacrifice my vacations ( sometimes or many times ), and even not to take a day off, or even stay at home sick without losing income;
- if I agree to provide my own health insurance and retirement plan;

B. BEING MY OWN BOSS CAN BE DISADVANTAGEOUS IF ...

- if I like a nine to five routine ( that is a regular working program ) and a regular paycheck ( regular wages / salary );
- if I do not agree to work extra hours;
- if I am not in the mood of sacrificing my free time foe the sake of the job;
- if I can't get well with different types of people;
- if I am the kind of person that wants to be alone to do the few things that I am good at;
- if I am not a disciplined starter ( preferring to do all kinds of trifles instead of concentrating hugely on my job's requirements );
- if I cannot "wear many hats" - that is able to do all kinds of chores involved in different jobs, even the tasks of other co-workers;
- if I am not able to try the types of persons I need to work with or for;
- if I cannot decide for my work ( my business plan, my quality assurance procedures, my pricing and marketing strategies );
- if I do not agree to learn anything new in any other extra fields of activity;
- if I do not agree to work out of my home ( as being my own boss sometimes requires working directly from home );
- if I am not convinced of the truth that "I am not making any money if I don't work very hard !"
- if I keep on respecting my vacations, my medical leaves, my days off, and all those alluring facilities offered by "the working for others" jobs;

Conclusion :

- being my own boss is right for me if I can work long and hard; if I can tolerate risk and stress; if I can cope well with potential disaster; and if I can work well alone and with others;
- being my own boss is not right for me if long and hard work scares me; if risk and stress put me down; if potential disaster gets me out of my mind; and if working with others troubles me;
- being my own boss is a challenge for people who can adjust immediately to new and rapid changes in all the fields of human work;
musa paradisiaca
Elev de nota 10

de Robot pe

Robot

Locaţie: IT

Înapoi la L1 normal si L2