Biletul 21 Describe the town where you live or another..

Subiecte, discutii si rezolvari proba orala la Limba Engleza L1 normal si L2

Biletul 21 Describe the town where you live or another..

Mesajde mell pe Vin Apr 25, 2008 2:50 pm

21.Describe the town where you live or another place in which you would like to live.

mell
Elev de nota 10

Re: Biletul 21 Describe the town where you live or another..

Mesajde Andreea pe Mar Mai 06, 2008 7:14 pm

mell scrie:
21.Describe the town where you live or another place in which you would like to live.

Personally, NZ is the way to go. There is a lot less red tape in NZ; the standard of living is higher, multiculturism is better (the relationship between the Aus. Aboriginie and the white Australian is still strained, much better race relations in NZ); quality of education is great; cost of living is less (in smaller cities/towns); free health care for those under 18, free dental for school kids, not as busy, fast paced or over populated.

There are no poisonous things that will kill you - there is no long term drought but overall the quality of life is much better.

I think living in Australia is more like being in Africa than it is in NZ. Technology is better in NZ too--for a small country it is advanced in so many areas.

Christchurch in the South Island has the beaches, city, good schools and university, etc --though you can live almost anywhere in NZ and be near enough to a city for shopping, activities, restaurants AND surf beaches.

NZ - New Zealand
Aus. -austrailia
Andreea
Elev de nota 10

Mesajde musa paradisiaca pe Dum Iun 22, 2008 1:06 am

mell scrie:

"The axis of the earth sticks out visibly through the centre of each and every town or city." ( John Hughes Holmes )

"At present, I am a sojourner in the city again, but here in the green warmth of a city backyard, I see only the countenance of spring in the country." ( E. B. White )

"To say the least, a town/city life makes one more tolerant and liberal in one's judgment of others." ( Henry Wadsworth Longfellow )

"In small settlements everyone knows your affairs. In the big city everyone does not - only those you choose to tell will know about you. This is one of the attributes of cities that is precious to most city people." ( Jane Jacobs )

Introduction :

- Iasi is the most important historical, economic and cultural centre in Northeast Romania;
- the name of Iasi City is bound up with the so-called "golden period" of the Romanian culture;
- many Romanian personalities lived, studied, worked, and created in Iasi;
- the city is spreading on the sides of 7 hills ( Copou, Shorogari, Miroslava, Galata, Cetatzuia, Tzikau, and Tatarashi ), that is why it is called "The City of the Seven Hills", or Romania's "Rome";

Development :

IASI - The City Where I Would Like to Live

A. Iasi - One of Romania's Most Important Cultural Centres.

- first of all I would like to live in Iasi because of its beautiful styled architecture;
- the city preserves some beautiful pieces of architecture;
- it houses more than 40 churches;
- the oldest church is Saint Nicholas, dating from the reign of Stephen the Great;
- perhaps, the finest churches, however, are the 17th century metropolitan church, "Saint Spiridon", and "Trei Ierarhi"", which is a curious example of Byzantine art, erected in 1635-1639 by Vasile Lupu, and adorned with gilded carving on its outer walls and twin towers;
- other beautiful churches, some surrounded by big walls, are : "Galata", "St. Sava", "Barnovschi", "Barboi", "Cetatzuia", and "Frumoasa";
- then Iasi attracts me for its rich cultural life;
- there are many theatres and museums in Iasi;
- the "Vasile Alecsandri National Theatre", opened in 1837, is the oldest National Theatre in Romania;
- the building of this theatre was designed according to the plans of the Viennese architects Hermann Helmer and Ferdinand Fellner, and was built between 1894-1896, and also hosts starting 1956 the National Romanian Opera Iasi;
- Iasi is also the home to "Iasi State Philarmonic", " Luceafarul Theatre for Childrean and Youth", and "Tatarasi Atheneum";
- four museums ( of art, history, ethnography, science and technology ) are located in "The Palace of Culture", one of the largest building in Romania;
- "The Art Museum" has the largest art collection in Romania, with more than 8,000 paintings, out of which 1,000 belong to the national and universal patrimony;
- "The Moldavian History Museum" offers more than 35,000 objects from various fields : archeology, numismatic, decorative art, ancient books, documents;
- "The Ethnographic Museum of Moldavia" owns more than 11,000 objects depicting the the Romanian advance through the ages;
- "The Museum of Science and Technology" offers many musical devices;
- if I want to get into contact with some foreign cultures directly from my country, Iasi has 5 foreign culture centres : the French Cultural Centre, the German Cultural Centre, the British Cultural Centre, the Latin and Carrebean Cultural Centre, and the Hellenic Cultural Centre;

B. Iasi - One of Romania's Most Outstanding Educational Centres.

- secondly, I would like to live in Iasi for educational and scientific purposes;
- a society of physicians and natural historians has existed in Iasi since the early part of the 19th century, so it has already some tradition in these fields;
- one of the oldest medical universities in Romania, founded in 1879, is in Iasi, and it is known as "The Grigore T. Popa University of Medicine and Pharmacy";
- the first technical High Education structure in Romanian language was established in the autumn of 1813, when engineer Gheorghe Asachi laid the foundation of a class of engineers, and its activities take place within the Greek Academy of Iasi;
- after 1813, other monuments marked the development of higher education in Romania, regarding both humanities and the technical sciences;
- in 1835, "Academia Mihaileana" was founded in Iasi by Prince Mihail Sturdza;
- Iasi is the home of the oldest Romanian University, "The University of Iasi", opened by ( and nowadays named after ) "Domnitor Alexandru Ioan Cuza" in 1860;
- the city is host to five universities ( the Alexandru Ioan Cuza University, the Gheorghe Asachi Technical Univeristy, the Grigore T. Popa Univeristy of Medicine and Pharmacy, the Geroge Enescu University of Arts, and the Ion Ionescu de la Brad University of Agricultural Sciences and Veterinary Medicine );
- and is widely regarded as the cultural "heart" of the "Old Kingdom", that is "Moldavia, Wallahia, and Dobuja", the three regions comprising Romania until 1918;
- in 1937, the two applied science sections of the University of Iasi became departments of the newly created Gheorghe Asachi Polytechnic School;
- in the period before and after World War II, this technical school, renamed Polytechnic Institute in 1948, extended its domain of activity, and became adopted a Technical University in 1993;
- besides the universities, there are schools of art and music;
- the Univeristy's Central Library, where the chief records of Romanian history are preserved, is the oldest and the second largest in Romania;

C. Iasi - One of Romania's Most Desirable Cities to Live in.

- thirdly, I would like to live in Iasi for its special "life on the hills" syle;
- Iasi is a city easily to reach;
- the Iasi International Airport ( IAS ) located 8 km east of the city centre, is the busiest airport in Romanian region of Moldova;
- the Iasi Central Rail Station, located about 1,5 km to the city centre, is situated on the CFR - Romanian Railways Main Line 600 ( Bucharest - Romanian Eastern Border ), and on the line 606 ( Iasi - Pascani );
- the railway station is very well connected to all parts of the city by the trams and buses of the local public transport company, RATC;
- Iasi is connected to European route E 85 / E 583 with Bucharest through a partially four lane express road;
- the Iasi coach station is used by several private transport companies to provide coach connections from Iasi to a large number of locations all over the country;
- but the parks and the gardens of a city attract me the most;
- the "Copou Park" in Iasi has been a favourite place for late afternoon strolls or morning walks since the second half of the 17th cenrury;
- in 1834, "Copou" became the city's first public garden;
- here, under his favourite linden tree, the Romanian national poet Mihai Eminescu wrote some of his best work;
- the linden tree stands to this day, and a bronze bust of Eminescu marks its location;
- dating from 1856, "The Botanical Garden" in Iasi is the oldest and the largest in Romania;
- an educational and scientific laboratory, the garden houses a precious collection of trees and plants;
- it also offers numerous shady lanes to explore, rose and orchid gardens, a collection of tropical plants, cacti, carnivorous plants, natural springs and a lake;
- to add to my delight of living in Iasi I would also like to mention its nearby attractions : the Ciric Lake, the Hillside Monasteries ( Cetatzuia, Galata, Frumoasa ), the Ruginoasa Palace, the Cotnari Vineyards, the important archaeological site of Cucuteni, the "Ion Creanga" Bojdeauka in Humuleshti, the Neamtz Monasteries ( Varatec, Agapia, Vanatori, Neamtz ), Piatra Neamtz, Suceava ( Moldavia's Throne Citadel, and its famous monasteries ), the Bicaz Gorges National Park, and the Ceahlau National Park;

Conclusion

- the second largest Romanian city, Iasi is the economic, cultural and academic centre of the Romanian region of Moldavia;
- the city has the oldest Romanian university and accommodates an annual count of over 60,000 students in 5 public and 3 private universities;
- Iasi is the home to more than 50 churches, and hosts 5 cultural centres;
- Iasi cultural life gravitates around many theatres, museums, memory houses, an opera house, a philarmonic, an atheneum, a botanical garden, a university library, and several student organizations;
musa paradisiaca
Elev de nota 10

Mesajde Aixa pe Lun Iun 23, 2008 9:26 pm

If i have the chance to live in another place, for sure, i'll choose to visit Rome. Actually that was my dream since fifteen years. Really, that would be the most beautiful thing in my life.

The Italian capital, Rome, is a fantastic destination. Built on 7 hills, it's one of the most popular tourist destinations in the world with incredible antiquities, gorgeous piazzas, stunning fountains, great food and a wonderful ambiance. It's hard to describe Rome in a few words because it's vast and rich in art, monuments, it's a historic city which has preserved its charm and independence throughout the centuries. Rome's history can be read in every monument and palace. The city could be described as a gigantic open-air museum, visited each year by millions of tourists, scholars and pilgrims from all over the world. Rome's beauty is accessible both day and night and the same is to be said for its vast range of entertainment—theatres, cinemas, operas, discos.

One of the most notable things about Rome is it's stunning architecture. Heading the list of Rome's ancient monuments is of course the Colosseum and The Temple of the Pantheon which represents one of the true glories of ancient Rome. The Palatine is the oldest part of the city and home to the many of the ancient sites. To the North of the Palatine hill are the vast remains of the Roman Forum, once the social, political, and economic center of the city. Piazza San Pietro is one of the most visited places on Earth.Vatican,the world's smallest state is also here. Another Rome's famous landmarks is the Trevi Fountain.Rome has also much to offer in the way of modern art beacuse here are many museums and galleries.

The 'Eternal City' holds a fascination for young people, tourists, businessmen, pilgrims and anyone in search of history, art, culture, business and entertainment. This means that Rome's tourist season remains uninterrupted all year and despite the ample choice of hotels, it is not always easy to find a room at the last minute. The majority of the luxury and five-star hotels can be found in the historic centre.In spite of the fact that they are modern , they are as elegant and refined as their ancient surroundings.

Rome it's a place where you can find yourself living in a miniature world with countless things to see and to do.I would like to live here because i think i could experience beautiful sensations every day.
Aixa
Elev Silitor

de Robot pe

Robot

Locaţie: IT

Înapoi la L1 normal si L2