Biletul 31 a disability of some kind makes a person more..

Subiecte, discutii si rezolvari proba orala la Limba Engleza L1 normal si L2

Biletul 31 a disability of some kind makes a person more..

Mesajde mell pe Vin Apr 25, 2008 2:57 pm

31.Do you think a disability of some kind makes a person more determined to succeed? Give arguments to support your ideas.
mell
Elev de nota 10

Re: Biletul 31 a disability of some kind makes a person more..

Mesajde andrew6666 pe Dum Mai 11, 2008 2:40 pm

Not really...no. It all depends on the person who has a disability. If he is willing to succeed...he will succeed despite his "problems". It's about desire of doing what you want, like other " normal" people do. Aperson with disability isn't rejected when he shows to the world that he can realise the same things like others.A person is rejected when he seats in a corner of a street, or a grocery store asking for money because he has difficulties in working.That's not true. Everybody can work in a way or another.
andrew6666
Elev

Mesajde cristtinee pe Mar Iun 17, 2008 5:44 pm

31.Do you think a disability of some kind makes a person more determined to succeed? Give arguments
to support your ideas.

I think that depends completely on their personality. It seems that a disability sometimes makes people more motivated to succeed, but only if they have that type of personality to begin with. If he or she wants to succeed, will succeed despite his/her
"problems". I think it's about the desire of doing what you want, like other people normal do. A person with a disability isn't rejected when he/she shows to the world that he/she can achieve the same things as the others. In my opinion a person is rejected when he sits in a corner of a street begging for money because he has difficulties in working. That's a lie. Everybody
can work one way or other!
cristtinee
Elev

Mesajde musa paradisiaca pe Sâm Iun 21, 2008 2:30 pm

mell scrie:
31.Do you think a disability of some kind makes a person more determined to succeed? Give arguments to support your ideas.

"Ask many of us who are disabled what we would like in life and you would be surprised how few would say, 'Not to be disabled.' We understand our own limitations." ( Itzhak Perlman )

Introduction :

- disabilities make it harder to take part in normal day activities;
- disabilities may limit what we can do physically or mentally, or they can affect our senses;
- disability does not mean unable, and it isn't a sickness;

Development :

A. Disability : A Handicap ?

- first some clarifications :
- an INABILITY is anything a person cannot do;
- an IMPAIRMENT / DETERIORATION is a physiological disorder or injury;
- a DISABILITY is an inability to execute some class of movements, or pick up sensory information of some sort, or perform some cognitive function that typical unimpaired humans are able to execute or pick up or perform;
- a HANDICAP is an inability to accomplish something one might want to do, that most others around us are able to accomplish;
- a disability may be directly or circumstantially linked to an inability or a handicap;
- the link is direct when there is no way in any circumstances for a person with the disability to accomplish the task;
- the link is circumstantial when in some special circumstances there is a way for a person with the disability to accomplish the task;
- a handicap results from the interaction between a disability and an environment;
- the handicap does not follow naturally from the disability alone;
- this is because we humans construct our environments in handicap-producing ways;
- for example, a wheelchair user has virtually no mobility handicap in a building with accessible doorways, elevators, and work areas;
- but, a wheelchair user is greatly handicapped when his goals are located up or down a flight of stairs;
- a disabled person could be more determined to succeed if he / she has a permanent interaction with the outside world, both disabled and undisabled people;

B. Some Sort of Disability Lies in Ambush for Each of Us

- disability is something most people do not like to think about;
- but the chances that I will become disabled are greater than I realize;
- studies show that a 20-year-old worker has a 3 in 10 chance of becoming disabled before reaching retirement age;
- some disability can make it harder to take part in normal day activities, but many times this "harder" may be the motivation for me to accomplish what I want to do;
- some disability may limit what I can do physically or mentally, but sometimes or many times, this limitation may be the mobile that pushes me to the path of success;
- some disability may affect my senses, or body, or mind, but many times they can determine me to work with a better motivation than normal people work, learn with a higher motivation than my colleagues learn, enjoy life to its utmost and in such a bliss that few undisabled people can sense;
- some disability may be the result of an accident or of old age, so it is very important for all of us to consider us as potential acquirers of some sort of disability;
- if we consider being disabled at some point in the future this may help us to deal with it in a positive way, could make us be determined to succeed,in spite of adverse circumstances or damaged / deteriorated physical, physiological, moral or spiritual conditions of our lives;

C. Where There Is a Will There Is a Way for Any Disability

- even though Tom Cruise battles dyslexia ( a learning disability that alters the way the brain processes written material ), he has been nominated for the best actor many times;
- Chris Burke was the first person with Down syndrome to star in a weekly television series, because he had the faith in his abilities and the courage to face prejudice, as he persuaded his dream to become an actor;
- Patty Keller, an actress, diagnosed as having a manic-depressive disorder ( a disease caused by a chemical imbalance in the brain ), was the youngest person to win an Academy Award in a regular category ( Best Supportive Actress ) for her role as Helen Keller in the motion-picture version of "The Miracle Worker";
- Michael J. Fox is an actor best known for his roles is "Back to the Future" movies, and in television shows, but few knows that has had Parkinson disease;
- Henry Holden contracted polio during the 1952 Epidemic, but his disability has never stopped him from pursuing a path of excellence ( acting career ) in his life, even though he wears leg braces and uses crutches;
- Geri Jewell, an actor and comedian, born with cerebral palsy, is most famous for his roles on "The Facts of Life and HBO's Deadwood";
- Marlee Matlin, who became deaf in infancy due to Roseola Infantum, is a stand-up comedian and actress ( Dead Silence, It's My Party, Hear No Evil, Bridge to Silence, Children of a Lesser God );
- born deaf, Terence Parkin holds three national records in South Africa and won a silver medal in the Sydney Olympics ( by using a strobe light similar to a camera flash to signal the beginning of the race );
- born in 1945 in Tel Aviv, Israel, Itzhak Perlman contracted polio at the age of 4, which permanently paralyzed his legs, but this did not prevent him from becoming a very famous violinist;
- the unique thing about Patricia Polacco ( a writer and illustrator of children's books ) is that she has been writing children's books even after she was diagnosed as having Dyslexia, Dysnumeria and Dysgraphia at the age of 14 ( she did not learn to read well until after she was 14 years old );
- in 1921, at the age of 61, Franklin Delano Roosevelt contracted a near fatal case of polio that left him with limited physical activity, but this did not prevent him from becoming the governor of New York in 1928, and the 32nd President of the USA in 1932;
- Marla Runyan has been diagnosed with Stargardt disease ( limited ability to see ), but this did not stop her from becoming the first blind athlete to compete in Sydney Olympics and getting very close to win a medal;
- Heather Whitestone was the first person with a disability ( she has been deaf since the age of 18 months ) to be selected and to win the Miss America Contest in 1995;

Conclusion :

- most people with disabilities can - and do - work, play, learn and enjoy full, hearty lives;
- mobility aids and assisting devices can help a lot;
- some people are born with a disability;
- some get sick or have an accident that results in a disability;
- some people develop disabilities as they age;
- almost or all of us will have a disability at some point in our lives;
- the most important thing is how able or prepared we are to deal with ours or others' disabilies;
musa paradisiaca
Elev de nota 10

de Robot pe

Robot

Locaţie: IT

Înapoi la L1 normal si L2