7.Is it better to enjoy your money when you earn it or is it better to save your money for some time in the future? Use specific reasons and examples to support your opinion.
"Making money is fun, but it's pointless if you don't use the power it brings." ( John Bentley )
"Money is good for bribing yourself through the inconveniences of life." ( Gottfried Reinhardt )
"Who will not keep a penny, never shall have many." ( English Proverb )
"Know when to spend and when to spare, and you need not be busy, you'll never be bare !" ( English Proverb )
"Money is a matter of functions four : / A medium, a measure, a standard, a store !" ( Anonymous )
- there have been many historical arguments regarding the combination of money's functions;
- one of these arguments is that the role of money as a medium of exchange is in conflict with its role as a store of value;
- money's role as a store of value requires holding it without spending;
- but money's role as a medium of exchange requires it to circulate;
A. Know When and How Much to Spend Let It Be Your "End" !"
- saving or spending money is an issue that many people have probably wrestled with at one point or another in their lives;
- one side of the issue, that is SPEND YOUR MONEY IMMEDIATELY, claims that you work hard to gain your money;
- so you should spend that money to enjoy your life;
- travel the world;
- eat at all the nice restaurants;
- buy the best clothes;
- drive the nicest cars;
- in short, live life to the fullest;
- of course, life should be enjoyed;
- of course, I shouldn't live like a miser;
- for, what if a die tomorrow ?
- all the money I saved would have been no good;
- and I would have never really got the experience of life;
- and more than that, what good is money when I am too old to do the things I want to do which I am perfectly able to do when I am young ?
B. Know When and How Much to Spare Let It Be Your Care !"
- then I have the other side of the issue, that is SPARE SOME OF YOUR MONEY FOR YOUR FUTURE !;
- this other side of the issue urges me to save and invest my money now rather than spend it on enjoying momentary pleasures;
- because by taking this wise decision I need not worry too much about my future ( near or remote future );
- it's better to have a fat bank account show me the miracle of compound interest rather than live life paycheck by paycheck;
- I can travel the world, but why so many times ?
- I can have dinner at a restaurant, but why so many often ? and why at a very expensive one ?
- I can buy nice clothes, but why the most expensive ones ?
- I can buy a car, but why the most recent model ?
- in short, do these things mean living life to the fullest ?
- of course, saving money is a trade off;
- but in the end it's worth it;
C. "Know When and How to Spend and When and How to Spare Will Help You Never Be Bare !"
- both sides of the above issue argue good points;
- hence the dilemma that people find themselves in;
- the ideal solution would be to find the middle ground between the two sides;
- but many people consider the issue as being an "EITHER ...OR" issue;
- so they should choose between the two;
- when people choose to spend their money NOW this means they are putting precedence on the present over their financial future;
- but how should I know when a financial disaster may / might strike my life ?
- when I live a simple life, it's really easier to see which are those most important things in my life;
- so long as I adequately take care of my basic needs ( food, clothing, and shelter ) my level of utility will never get so higher than when I spend money on trying to get a better "version" of my needs;
- it's good to go out and eat at a nice restaurant every once in a while;
- and enjoy a marvelous time on a vacation;
- but all these should be kept in the proper perspective;
- I can enjoy life now by focusing on the things that really matter, instead of wasting money to give myself momentary sparkles of luxurious wastes ;
- I can have the best of both ends : SAVING and SPENDING;
- but only focusing on the most important things in life NOW;
- and by doing so, enjoy life in the present and in the future;