Biletul 4 Some people prefer to live in a small town

Subiecte, discutii si rezolvari proba orala la Limba Engleza L1 normal si L2

Biletul 4 Some people prefer to live in a small town

Mesajde mell pe Vin Apr 25, 2008 11:43 am

4. Some people prefer to live in a small town. Others prefer to live in a big city. Which place would you prefer to live in? Use specific reasons and details to support your answer.
mell
Elev de nota 10

Re: Biletul 4 Some people prefer to live in a small town

Mesajde Andreea pe Lun Mai 05, 2008 7:26 am

I grew up in a small town and then moved to a big city, so I have experienced the good and bad sides of both. I never thought that I would like living in a big city, but I was wrong. After ten years of living in one, I can't imagine ever living in a small town again.
Small towns and big cities both have some problems in terms of transportation. In a small town, you have to own a car to ensure a comfortable living .you can't get around without one because there isn't any kind of public transportation. Big cities generally have heavy traffic and expensive parking, but there you have a choice of taking public transportation. It's not free, but it's often cheaper than driving when you consider gas and time, especially if you don't have a car, you're better off in the city.
I love the excitement of big cities. Small towns have a slow pace. Large cities mean you have to adapt to a variety of situations, like finding a new route to work or trvine a new restaurant. I enjoy that challenge very much. Another part of the excitement of city living is the variety of cultural activities available. There is a wild assortment of theatre music and dance performances available in big cities. These things are rare in small ones.
The final thing I think about large cities is the diversity of the people. the United States is made up of people of different races, religions, abilities, and interests. However, you seldom find such a variety of people in a small town. I think that living in an area where everyone was just like me would quickly become boring.
Of course, security is a concern, and that one area where small towns are superior to big cities. Still, I would rather be a bit more cautions and live a large city than to feel secure but bored.
Andreea
Elev de nota 10

Mesajde musa paradisiaca pe Dum Iun 22, 2008 12:58 am

mell scrie:4. Some people prefer to live in a small town. Others prefer to live in a big city. Which place would you prefer to live in? Use specific reasons and details to support your answer.

"As a remedy to life in society I would recommend the big city. Nowadays it is the only desert within our reach." ( Albert Camus )

"The USA was born in the country, and moved in the city in the 19th century." ( Anonymous )

"What is the city in which we sit here, but an aggregate of incongruous materials, which have obeyed the will of some man ?" ( Ralph Waldo Emerson )

"Cities force growth, and make men more talkative and entertaining, but they make them artificial." ( Ralph Waldo Emerson )

"Farmers worry only during the growth season. Town people worry all the time." ( Edgar Watson Howe )

Introduction :
to edit

Conclusion :

A. The City : More Facilities for an Extrovert
to edit

B. The Town : More Facilities for an Introvert
to edit

C. The City or the Town : Life's Cast Odds at a Time
to edit

Conclusion
musa paradisiaca
Elev de nota 10

Mesajde Aixa pe Lun Iun 23, 2008 9:14 pm

Small towns and big cities both have their good sides, but i'd rather live in a big city because of the unlimited choices of things you can do here no matter what you are in the mood for .There is always a lot to do and visit.
Living in a big city is more comfortable because there are cinemas ,theaters, museums, shops on every corner, malls, entertainment attractions, lots of pubs and restaurants to choose.There are a lot of possibilities of shopping. In various shopping centres and galleries you can buy whatever you want. Any new products which come in market, from electronic items to even a simple pen, are instantly available in the big cities as soon as the products are launched.
The standard of education is also very high in cities.The easy availability of technology and modern teaching methods may also be one of the reasons for this. Schools are incomparable with those in a smal town. People, especially young have many oportunities and it’s also much easier to find a well paid job .Teenagers can receive a good education in big cities. The first point is that many universities have different subjects. As a result, students can have more choices for their future careers and secondly, a good environment for study is also given.
In a big city there are many people that you don't know and you can make many friends comparative to a small town where people always know something about you. What i also like to big cities is that restaurants and pubs are open late or all night so you can go with your friends and have fun. Famous singers or personalities come in big cities so you can meet your favourite singer and take an autograph.Big cities have other conveniences like airports and good hospitals.
I think that to many teenagers big cities are exciting while the small towns are boring.I like noisy and crowded places that's why a big city makes me feel more alive.I would go in a small town to relax, but only for a weekend.
Aixa
Elev Silitor

de Robot pe

Robot

Locaţie: IT

Înapoi la L1 normal si L2