Varianta 36 We waste a great natural resource: the elderly

Limba engleza L1 normal si L2

Varianta 36 We waste a great natural resource: the elderly

Mesajde ancanka pe Mie Iun 25, 2008 5:03 pm

Varianta 036
Agree or disagree with the following statement: We waste a great natural resource: the elderly. (250 words/25 lines)

Respect of the elderly is a major concept in many countries and especially in societies with teachings of respect of others. Asians in particular are taught that the elder generation should be revered and respected because they are the parents of that generation. However in our country many elderly people are mistreated and abused each year. They are physically, verbally, and mentally abused by their children or the people who work to care for them. Like everything that is shockingly wrong in our society, abuse of the elderly is kept quiet and many cases are not reported. Elderly people are mistreated and sometimes beaten just like little children. In their physical condition the elderly seem much like children because they have become weak and helpless. They depend on other to help them but they are often abused. And, in my opinion, that’s wrong. The elderly is a constant source of love, experience, good thoughts, councils and companionship. When I hear friends complain about having to spend time with their grandparents it thoroughly upsets me because I know what a loss it is when finally you have them no more. They don’t seem to realize how special they are or the significant impact they will have on their future. My realization of this came all too late when the last surviving of my grandparents passed almost three years ago. As a child I was unbelievably close to the three living grandparents I was blessed with. In conclusion, „if you don’t have an old man, buy him”.
ancanka
Elev de nota 10

de Robot pe

Robot

Locaţie: IT

Înapoi la Subiectul III